Allah with Whose Name we begin, Most Beneficent, Most Merciful.
All Praise is due to Almighty Allah, Durood and Salam upon our Master,
Our Leader Muhammad, upon his Exalted Family and Blessed Companions entire!!
Dear Readers! Today, I present to you few glimpses on the prominence of Sayyiduna al-Imam Hasan and Sayyiduna Imam al-Hussain (leaders of the youth in Paradise) from the authentic book on the Events of Karbala by the Noble Imam and Teacher of the Sacred Knowledge, Mawlana Shah Hasan Raza Khan – the brother of Imam Ahmad Raza Khan – Alaihimur Rahmah wa al Ridwan. The book is called Aaina-e-Qiyamat (The mirror unto the day of Reckoning). If there are any errors, kindly point them out to me so that I can correct them and these should be taken as my errors and not that of the esteemed and Noble Scholar. Also, few Gems of Wisdom by the Great Imams and the two swords of the heavens compiled by Imam Ahmad Raza Academy.
The prominence of Hasanain al-Kareemain
– Allah’s pleasure be upon them –
1. It is reported that once, Imam Hasan approached the Holy Prophet - blessings and peace be upon him - and climbed on his shoulders. A person, (who was present) remarked, “O blessed son! What a nice steed you have”. In reply, the Holy Prophet declared, “And how nice a rider (too).” [Sunan al-Tirmidhi, Kitab al-Manaqib, Manaqib al-Hasan wa al-Hussain, Hadith no. 3809, Vol. 5, Page 432]
2. Once, when the Holy Prophet - blessings and peace be upon him - was in ritual prostration Imam Hasan wrapped himself on the blessed back of the Holy Prophet - blessings and peace be upon him. Due to this, the Holy Prophet - blessings and peace be upon him - lengthened the ritual prostration so that he (Hasan) would not fall when the Prophet raised his head. [Musnad Abu Ya'la, Musnad Anas bin Malik, Hadith no. 3415, Vol. 3, Page 21]
3. The Prophet - blessings and peace be upon him - declared: “These two sons of mine are the leaders of the youth in Paradise.” [Sunan al-Tirmidhi, Kitab al-Manaqib, Manaqib al-Hasan wa al-Hussain, Hadith no. 3793, Vol. 5, Page 426]
4. The Holy Prophet - blessings and peace be upon him - has also stated that, “Their friends are my friends, their enemies are my enemies.” [Sunan Ibn Maja, Kitab al-Sunnah, Fadl al Hasan wa al Hussain, Hadith no. 143, Vol. 1, Page 96].
5. He has also
stated that, “These two are the swords of the heavens.” He has also stated that,
“Hussain is from me and I am from Hussain. May Allah keep him as a friend who
keeps Hussain as his friend. Hussain is a grandchild from among grandchildren.”
[Sunan al-Tirmidhi, Hadith no. 3800, Vol. 5, Page
6. It is stated that once, the Holy Prophet - blessings and peace be upon him - placed Imam Hussain on his right thigh and and his own son, Sayyiduna Ibrahim on his left thigh. Jibra’il appeared to him and said, “Allah will not keep them both with the Prophet, choose one of them.” The Holy Prophet - blessings and peace be upon him - could not bear being separated from Imam Hussain and three days later, Sayyiduna Ibrahim passed on to the Divine Lord. After this incident, whenever Imam Hussain came in front of him , he used to kiss him and say, ‘Welcome to the one for whom I have sacrificed my own son’” [Tarikh al-Baghdad, Vol. 2, Page 200]
7. He has also declared that, “They are my sons and the sons of my daughter. O Allah! I have kept them in my friendship; You also keep them in Your friendship and keep him as Your friend who keeps them as his friends.” [Sunan al-Tirmidhi, Kitab al-Manaqib, Hadith no. 3794, Vol. 5, Page 427].
8. He advised his blessed daughter, “Bring me both my sons.” He used to then smell them and then hug them to his chest. [Sunan al-Tirmidhi, Kitab al-Manaqib, Hadith no. 3797, Vol. 5, Page 428].
of Wisdom by Hasnain al-Kareemain
Radi Allahu Anhum Ajma'een
Sayyiduna Imam al-Hasan (Radi Allahu Ta'ala Anho)
1. Truth in
2. Strongly opposing falsehood
4. To repay favours
5. Kindness of kith and kin
6. Protect your neighbour
7. Right enjoined upon you on all creation
8. Entertaining guests
9. Etiquette and
10. The most important is Shame and modesty.
Sayyiduna Imam al-Hussain (Radi Allahu Ta'ala Anho)
— — —
Muhammad Junaid Raza
[Durban — South Africa]